Finite element analysis (FEA)
Creaform offers a complete range of finite element analysis (FEA) services for manufacturers that have rush jobs or lack the necessary FEA expertise and software in house to tackle complex challenges. We are proud members of the International Association for the Engineering Modeling Analysis and Simulation Community (NAFEMS).
Our finite element analysis expertise
Creaform is the leading provider of structural analysis services for global manufacturers.
Types of analyses
- Linear and non-linear static: Response of structure to critical loads and modeling of contact (allowing analysis of assemblies), non-linear material behavior and large deformations
- Buckling: Critical compression static load or combination of loads that results in instability
- Normal modes, frequency response and response spectrum: Response to vibrations and frequency driven excitations.
- Random response: Response of structure to excitations defined with probabilistic magnitude (spectral density function)
- Transient, dynamic, vibration and seismic response: Response of structure through time with variations of boundary condition
- Impact (implicit and explicit solvers): Response of structure following collision (crash tests and drop tests)
- Steady state and transient heat transfer: Temperature distribution within a solid body
- Thermal stress: Stress induced by temperature distribution
- Fatigue (multi axial and vibration fatigue analysis): Predict the life of a structure subjected to cyclic loading or vibrations
- Optimization : Parametric and Topological
- Forensic engineering : failure analysis and root cause diagnostic, reconstruction of impact and accident using simulation, biomechanical engineering.
Types of materials
- Isotropic for standard metallic or non-metallic materials
- Orthotropic and anisotropic for material properties showing direction dependency like composite or wood
- Hyperelastic for rubbers and elastomeric
- Non-linear material behavior for materials sustaining permanent deformations (e.g.: plasticity) or showing complex behavior (e.g.: non-linear elasticity)
- Material behavior driven by experimental data (linear and non-linear), allowing highly accurate representation of material used by clients
Discover how Creaform has helped clients with overcome a broad spectrum of challenges.
Need more resources for your finite element analysis?
Creaform has an extensive and multidisciplinary team of FEA experts who can be outsourced for quick, short-term work or complex, long-term projects. Here are some of the positions that can be outsourced:
- Junior FEA engineer
- Senior FEA engineer
- FEA test engineer
- Structural engineer
- Simulation engineer
- Analysis engineer
Whether you are an SMB or multi-national company, count on Creaform’s experts to train your staff on a variety of topics related to finite element analysis (FEA).
Our training programs come in a variety of packages and feature: theory, written exercises, hands-on practice, real-life case studies and much more!
Creaform’s entire engineering services team specializes in the world’s most often-used software solutions: